I’ve been reading Test Driven Development for Embedded C which recommends CppUTest as a unit test framework. The book describes how to write test cases for many different situations but it lacks information on how to setup and configure CppUTest. I was surprised since the author is a major contributing developer for CppUTest. This post describes how I got started.
Windows Laptop Data Security
Everyone knows that laptops are wonderful. I have one so that I can work almost anywhere and that’s awesome. But I’ve had lingering issues with what’s the best way to deal with private data on it. I’m talking about things like financial records, billion dollar ideas, etc that could harm me if they were publicly known. Things like my resume don’t fall into this category. It was pretty easy to decide that I needed to encrypt some of my files on my laptop, but the unfortunate truth is that encryption can be a real pain to use in a practical way. Before I started to look at different encryption methods I decided that I wanted protection from sophisticated thieves and not bomb proof FBI can’t get me protection. So let’s take a look at what’s out there for the average user.
Can’t Push Mercurial Changes into Subversion
I’ve been using Mercurial (Hg) as a method of working offline from a central Subversion (SVN) server. Up until last week it was working perfectly. All of the sudden I couldn’t push changes from Hg back into SVN and I didn’t know why.
Using mikroC Pro for a PIC16F887
I’ve had quite a time getting mikroC Pro working properly for a PIC16F887 using a MPLAB ICD3 debugger and I thought I would note some of the things I did to make it work.
Fourth Day with DesignSpark PCB
I have now figured out how to generate BOMs using my library field format. This was an unresolved issue in my previous installment Third Day with DesignSpark PCB. Older installments in this series are First Day with DesignSpark PCB and Second Day with DesignSpark PCB. Thanks to the DesignSpark team who encouraged me to retry some of my earlier attempts at generating a BOM in a different manner which eventually led me to a solution.